Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

COFFE ROOM CHATS

ACCIDENT – MASTERLY INERTIA

EYE HOSPITAL

One day in our Eye Hospital in the coffee room one doctor entered hastily and said “I don’t know what to make of our people. I just witnessed an accident. I saw a person lying on the road with blood around him. He was moaning. But the passers by just went on.
Nobody, I mean nobody did anything.”

To the quiet audience he continued “I mean someone could have taken him to hospital or at least phoned for an ambulance.”
After a few minutes one person asked. “So, what did you do?’
It was clear he didn’t expect that question and dramatic to watch his face undergo a vast transformation.
“Well, I…. “ he spluttered. “Well,…I….I had to come to the hospital “he said lamely.
“So you continued your work and didn’t do anything..
You are blabbering about it just to ease your conscience. “

There was meaningful silence now.
It is always better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment