Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

COFFEE ROOM CHATS

REMEMBERING NAME IS EASY IF …..!

One day a doctor bragged about his memory.
He said about 10 years back a cute girl has brought her father for injury in one eye.
He found he had a small tear in the Conjuntiva [a membrane covering the white of the exposed eye] and sutured it.
After that they used to come to his clinic often.
The girl had her eye checkup and he has prescribed glasses for her.
Later she got married and shifted to another place.
When she came to see him after about 5 years, he had addressed her by her name and she was very pleased.
What memory you have got doctor, she had said. The doctors in my place don’t remember my name even if I go often.
Saying it, he looked at us with a beaming smile.
After some time one colleague asked mildly “O.K. Can you tell us the name of the girl’s father?’
The narrator’s face was a sight to behold as he couldn’t remember it and there was loud laughter and jittering.

No comments:

Post a Comment