Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

RAHUKALAM

RAHUKALAM AND EXAM FEES

In our MBBS course at that time [Integrated- 5 ½ years] second year exam comprising Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry was very tough to clear being superseded only by the final year exam.
Five of us after remitting the exam fees for second year were met by our senior friend on our way back..
He exclaimed why we have done so in Rahukalam – a period where no one does anything new as they are prone for disaster...
Our faces fell and we were dismayed. Then we consoled ourselves that as we were all good students {?} it was very unlikely that all five would fail.
It so happened that all five of us passed the exam without any difficulty.
Then the funny sequel followed.
We made a habit of tendering the exam fees, all five together and only at Rahukalam for the ensuing exams!
Our success continued unabated through out.

No comments:

Post a Comment