Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

FINAL YEAR POEM

POEM

This poem was composed by me in final year.
I showed it to one or two of my friends who passed such lurid comments that I shelved it. It was retrieved only a few years back.

FINAL YEAR DILEMMA

I felt wonderful, having passed Pathology
Forensic Medicine and of course Ophthalmology
Wielding my steth I walked into the ward
Thinking to pass Pathology is not so hard.

But when I saw the cases I was baffled
Here are to me mysteries unraveled
What is this case with a tumor in the arm
Can it be inflammatory as it is so warm ?

Diagnosing it as an abscess I drifted to the back
As the chief wade his way into the student pack
A junior started to present the case
Though young in years he did it with ease

"Stop" said the chief " I will hear"
"From a student in final year"
I stayed mum my thoughts in yester year
Till my friends pointed me out in the rear.

Smiling outwards I stepped forward in vain
Every nerve in me under strain
Unfolding the history I mentioned about pain
Among the symptoms I stressed it is the main

Hearing with patience the chief at last asked
What will you do if on you the case is tasked?
"Incision and drainage, by the method Hilton"
Said I without a thought, like a simpleton.

"Any suggestions" asked the chief looking about
And my good old friend instantly blurted out
"Investigations, sir" he said looking stout
"Must be done as the case is in doubt"

"Excellent" remarked the chief, which made me mad
As I turned my eyes on the young lad
He was well clad and no doubt was glad
I deserved it, I thought as I had done bad.

They finally arrived at the diagnosis sarcoma
And decided to treat by the rays gamma
At last came an end to the melancholy drama
When it was all over I was half in coma.

Many cases doth one see in a year
Some at least to all were queer
How one manages to pass exam is not clear
Thinking of the burden the student has to bear
Relentlessly draws the exam near and near
And the student waits in dread and fear.



1 comment:

  1. I finally found your blog page
    After searching web like a sage
    Articles on it make me wonder
    So many subjects to ponder
    Your language skill adorable
    All your experiences memorable
    Final year poem i like the best
    But what happened to the rest
    I havenot finished reading fully yet
    Still surprises wait for me i bet.

    ReplyDelete