Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

O&G CLINICAL POSTING

O&G FINAL YEAR

In the final year in OG [Obstetrics and Gynaecology] posting Dr.S usually took clinics for us.
MS was in our batch and he used to ponder over her questions and answer as if he thought it over .I learnt later that he and some ladies used to wait for sometime after we have left and ask her what subject she will take the next day.
One day she was talking about surgical management of “Prolapse uterus”. I was not able to volunteer any answer for the questions she asked. At one time she was mentioning about Colporraphy and the Lefort's operation.
The raphy is square shaped she said. “Or inverted triangle" I said, glad at last that I was able to contribute something.
"Inverted triangle?" she queried.” Where did you read that?”
Actually I saw the illustration when I was browsing through some college magazine in the library.
As I couldn't say it so, I said I read in some book which I didn't remember.
“Don't gas!” she retorted.
I said I will let her know the name of the book next day.
That night I went to the library but I couldn't find the magazine.
I went to the librarian and asked for advanced books on Gynaec surgery.
He told me to see Operative Gynaecology by Te Linde which is available in Reference section only.
I went there, took the book and saw to my relief that the ‘Inverted triangle’ method was indeed described in detail.
I wrote the name of the book, the author and the page number.
Dr.S didn't ask me about the matter in the next clinic.
Even in the next clinic she forgot to ask.
I thought of volunteering the information but refrained thinking it will take away the drama..
So I waited.
At last she remembered the matter and asked “On that day you mentioned about some procedure you read in some book and said you will refer and tell me. Did you refer?"
I said “Yes. Madam. It is given in Operative Gynaecology by Te Linde in page no. 232! ".
She was astonished. 'You read Te Linde ?" she asked.
“Only for reference, to clear some doubts." I said non-chalantly.
She couldn't come out of the amaze. "You read Te Linde !" she said again and again.
My classmates regarded me curiously as they have never heard of the book [nor myself till then!].
Her perception about me changed dramatically.
From then onwards when I said anything she used to accept it even though it was a remote possibility.



No comments:

Post a Comment