Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

HOUSE SURGEONCY

VOMITING or VOMITTING ?

During ward rounds in medical ward, our chief on going through a case sheet, called the concerned house surgeon and remarked -
‘You see! The patient might have had severe vomiting. But regardless of how many times he vomits you must put only one‘t’ in the vomiting.”
The way he taught us remains fresh to this day and I am never in doubt as to whether to put one or two‘t’ in vomiting.
Well, some people have a way of saying that keeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment