Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

HOUSE SURGEONCY

HOUSE SURGEONCY

HOLY SMOKE!

In the House surgeon's quarters I shared the room with four others.
Once, C was sleeping peacefully at 8 a.m. as usual, his big brother came to see him from his native town and when he saw him still sleeping he asked whether he was on night duty.
C immediately grabbed at the excuse offered and nodded to our amusement.

C was in the habit of smoking when going to toilet [like many].
He was smoking a cigarette and when his brother also came to the bath room.
C immediately hid the cigarette behind his back. But his brother persisted “What? Is that smoke? " to which C replied calmly " Yes. It is smoke, and brought the cigarette in front and started smoking.
Later C said to us “I paid him due respect. But he didn’t heed it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment