Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DISTRICT HEAD QUARTERS HOSPITAL

CASUALTY DUTY – LEAVE

Those who have worked in Govt. Head Quarters Hospital will know how strenuous the Casualty duty there is.
In our hospital 3 doctors were posted every month in rotation and these 3 will do morning, evening and night duties in shifts. There was no week off at that time.
Taking leave during this posting was unusual and those who did take in unavoidable circumstances had to compensate in doing the duty next month.
One doctor “D” who was on Casualty duty had to go urgently to his native place as his father was serious. He sent the leave letter through a friend and left.
A few days later we learnt that D’s father has expired.
D returned after a week and we offered our condolences.

When he went to the Assistant District Medical Officer’s [ADMO} room to sign the attendance register the ADMO, who was not aware of the cause of his leave, started to bombard him.
I tried to in vain to warn him off by waving my hands behind D but he didn’t notice.
“Are you aware how much trouble you have caused by taking such a long leave during your Casualty posting ?“the ADMO said angrily.
D replied calmly “My father didn’t know, sir!”
“What has your father to do with it?”
“He didn’t know that he should not die when I am doing Casualty, sir” D said and walked out leaving the ADMO speechless.
“Oh! I didn’t know” he blurted. But by that time D had already gone out.
The ADMO sent a messenger after D. But D didn’t pay any heed.

No comments:

Post a Comment