Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DISTRICT HEAD QUARTERS HOSPITAL

BEST DIAGNOSTIC TOOL

Dr.P joined Govt. Head Quarters Hospital after doing M.D. [O&G]. He was one year senior to me.
In one clinical meeting he spoke about Caesarean Section.
Before the meeting I asked him whether I can ask any questions. He replied he wanted me to do just that as he was sure no one will..
He gave a good presentation speaking about his experience in the hospital.
When he finished his talk as no one raised any question I asked him about the tests for post-maturity and the timing of surgery.
I think he anticipated the question. He mentioned a lot of investigations and always ended up each by saying ‘Of course it is not available in our hospital”

When he was about to finish he said ‘The best diagnostic tool is a good obstetrician’s right index finger”.
It was too good a chance to let off and I immediately said “Of course it is not available in this hospital.’
This brought loud laughter from all. P himself received it graciously with a grin.
Later he told me that the possible riposte struck him also and actually complimented me.

No comments:

Post a Comment