Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Friday, October 29, 2010

HELP CHAIN

HELP CHAIN

Once when we were returning from Ooty to Coimbatore, in a taxi, it broke down and the driver said it had to be towed and repaired.
As we had to catch our train in Coimbatore he asked us to get another transport.
Though we stood on the wayside trying to flag down the transport buses, none stopped as they were already overcrowded.
As time passed we became tenser at the thought of missing our train.
Then one car slowed and stopped beside us. The owner asked what our trouble was and immediately took us in his car.
He and his wife were returning from Ooty to Coimbatore.
As soon as we entered Coimbatore I told him that we will get a taxi to the railway station but he wouldn’t listen and dropped us in front of the station which was way out from his residence.
As we got down I thanked him profusely.
He smiled and said that he was stranded in an alike situation one day and was helped similarly.
When he thanked the person who gave him the lift he had replied “That is alright. Just remember to help someone like this sometime.’
That he has done now and I hope I will too, for someone, sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment