Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Monday, November 1, 2010

BARGAIN

DIFFERENT PRICE FOR BARGAINERS

One day I and my wife went to the market and bought some fish. When my wife asked for its price she was told it was Rs.325/-. My wife retorted that it was too much. She then asked in addition some other variety of fish in a small quantity for making a side dish. As the fish monger was very busy my wife asked me to procure both the items and join her in the vegetable stall.

When the fishmonger handed over the two portions of fishes I asked her for the total price and was surprised when she told me that it was only Rs.300/-.
I said she was mistaken as the first part itself has cost Rs.325/- and I have bought another portion too and that means the price should be still higher.
No sir, the lady replied. The correct price for both is only Rs.300/-. I told a higher price to your wife as she will always bargain and pay a lower price. You on the other hand will pay whatever the price I asked without a question and hence I quoted the correct price !!!

1 comment: