Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

GOOD WILL !

MANGOES – GOOD WILL

One day my wife went to a fruit stall, the one we regularly patronize, bought some mangoes and also bought 3 high breed quality –Malkova, separately. Then she went to a grocery shop, owned by our friend, and returned home.
When I came home from my clinic, late night, she told me that she had left the bag containing the 3 ‘Malkova’ mangoes at the fruit stall itself and asked me to get it.
So the next day when I went and asked the owner he didn’t say anything and gave me 3 fresh Malkova mangoes.
I protested that my wife told me that they were already packed in a bag.
The owner said that the workers would have mixed them with the lot as it was not claimed.
I went home and gave the mangoes to my wife.
Later a worker from the grocery store came to our house and handed over a bag containing the 3 mangoes saying that my wife had left them at their shop.
She had left it at the grocery store and has wrongly assumed that she had left it at the fruit stall.
I went to the fruit stall again and gave money for the second batch of 3 mangoes to the owner apologizing for the inconvenience caused.
I asked him why he gave me another set of mangoes [free].
He said he thought that the mangoes left by my wife must have been picked up by another customer [without paying].
But you would have lost the price of the 3 mangoes, I protested.
What is there sir! Goodwill is important, he replied.
I then knew why his shop is the most patronized in our town.

1 comment: