Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Monday, August 30, 2010

FROM RANGOON WITH...

FROM RANGOON WITH LOVE [CONCESSION]

This is about a purchase made from a pavement shop keeper, a boy, also from Burma Bazaar.
I wanted to buy a bag from him and was told that the price was R.40/-. I asked it for Rs.30/- and he refused.
His father came to the scene and after enquiring about the matter in Burmese language told him that the cost price was Rs.32/- and he can sell it for Rs.35/-.
After he left, I again asked for the last price he can give and he again said Rs.40/-.
I then replied why he is continuing to say the same price as he was told that the cost price was Rs.32/- and he can sell it for Rs.35/-.
Hearing this, the boy’s joy knew no bounds and he asked whether I was from Burma, where I lived there, when I came to India etc.
After chatting for some time he gave me the bag. When I gave him Rs.35/- he refused and took only Rs.32/- in spite of my protests.
Sons of soil….…

No comments:

Post a Comment