Followers

About Me

My photo
The name is Selvamani.R. I was born in Rangoon, Burma now known as Yangoon and Myanmar respectively. I had my schooling in I.E.S. .Khalsa School there in Rangoon and came to Tamilnadu, India, did my Pre-University in Sir Thegaraya College,Chennai and M.B.B.S., in Madurai Medical College. Later did my Diploma and Masters Degree in the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Egmore, Madras Medical College, Chennai.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

NOW THIS IS DIFFERENT !

A DIFFERENT TALE

Once a Sub-Treasury Officer – a lady- got operated by me for Cataract.[that was before the advent of IOLs] and. I charged her Rs.1,000/- as surgeon fee [that was the fee, then !].

A year later she came to me for operation for the other eye.
I told her that the charge is now Rs.1200/-. She protested against the hike in fees vehemently.
I didn’t say anything as I never liked to barter about it.

After the surgery she handed me an envelope with money.
I opened it the next day and found that there was Rs.1300/-
When she came for follow up I told her about the excess Rs.100/- and returned it.
But she blatantly refused it saying “Sir, I am a Sub-treasury officer. I am sure that I paid you only Rs1200/- You are trying to return me Rs.100/- as I first protested about your fee hike !”.
In vain I tried to convince her but she was adamant about her psychology!!

No comments:

Post a Comment